Freak me out

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

John and I stayed in Tulsa for Valentines Weekend. This is the second year we have done this and it may be one of our favorite traditions. It is just far enough away from home to feel like you are on a mini vacation but close enough that you can keep the cost relatively low. Friday night we stayed in and play a board game and ordered a pizza. 
Then we attempted to watch the movie we brought on the DVD player we brought only to discover that we brought a BlueRay disc and a regular DVD player. We couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work. Duh! 

We got up early on Saturday and ran the Sweetheart Race together along with our friend Jason. John and Jason wanted to know if they could register as a couple to get a better time than John and I would! I only ran the 5k but John and Jason ran both the 5k and the 10k. But they are weird. 


 


I might mention that it was butt cold. The wind chill was around 20 degrees.

Then the boys and I went to eat at Teds. Afterward John and I took a shower and a nice long nap. John had ordered us Kupcakz ahead of time so we stopped and picked them up on our way to the movies. We saw Valentines Day. It is the only time of the year I get to pick out the movie. :) Then we headed to Pf Changs for some yummy yummy dinner. Then it was off to the room for some more relaxing.



We slept in on Sunday (which is a rarity in our house!) and took our time heading home. We stopped by Whole Foods (which is my favorite place in the world!) and Fleet Feet for some new running shoes. Well, only I got new shoes. The poor salesman spent 2 hours fitting John for shoes to no avail. He has weird feet and he couldn't find any "perfect" shoes. It took me maybe 15-20 minutes. I am pretty easy to please.

Last night we had home group with some of our youth group kids and we celebrated Valentines Day with heart shaped Papa Murphys pizzas, cup cakes, candy, Crush soda, and a huge mixed up game of Compatibility.  I love them. They are the best!

It is going to be an insane week at work so this may be all you hear from me for a few days. We are having our State Evaluation this week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!!

    I'm going to refrain from making immature comments about you and John taking a shower and going back to the room for more relaxing.

    oh, woops.
    :)

    ReplyDelete