Freak me out

Monday, June 13, 2011

Garage Sales and Baby gear!

This weekend John and I hit up some major garage sales. We decided that we wouldn't spend more than $100 and only on baby gear that we needed. Here are my major finds!

We have a glider for the nursery, but I really wanted to have one for the living room as well. I snagged this glider for $25!

Then ironically my great-grandmother purchased me one for my baby shower, so my lucky sister-in-law will be receiving this!  (savings of at least $100!)

We also knew we would need a few extra car seat bases for grandparents and another car (should we get one in the near future). I snagged this for $5! (savings of $35!)

The biggest find of the day was something that I knew I needed, but was really not looking forward to shelling out the cash for! I got this Medela Pump in style for.... get this..... $20!
I pretty much bought it out from under some poor guy that was trying to call his wife! (Savings of $260!!!!) I know it may be gross for some people, but me? Nah! Nothing a good bleaching, sterilizing, and alcohol can't take care of! The lady still had the box. She was a stay at home mom and really didn't use it much. But she gave me bags of bottles and extra parts too! I was pretty "pumped" about this purchase!

The greatest lesson I learned this week is unless it is something that "must" be purchased new, don't do it! Your baby won't know the difference if you spent $400 on a crib or $50! Save your money for other things and don't let your baby break the bank!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I SO wish I'd had a glider when Hannah was younger! You'll love rocking your sweet baby to sleep in it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. especially when the baby doesnt use one piece of equipment for more than a couple of months! the stuff is soooo expensive!! can't wait to see that sweet boy :)

    ReplyDelete