Freak me out

Friday, May 25, 2012

9 weeks of suffering

John and I are wrapping up our third week of crazy workouts. We have promised ourselves to complete the 9 week Insanity Program alongside the 9 week Couch to 5k Program to get our personal best 5K times. So far I am pretty impressed with our commitment. We have held each other accountable and it is paying off!

Week 1 Summary:
It was certainly difficult to complete the Insanity workouts. I felt myself huffing and puffing through each workout and trying my hardest to come up with an excuse for why I couldn't work out that night. John would not let me.... The running program was pretty easy. Honestly I looked forward to the running. At least it wasn't Insanity!

Week 2 Summary:
I can actually see the scale moving in the RIGHT direction! I am really looking forward to the fit test and measurements/weigh-in at the end of the week! I am still huffing and puffing, but at least I wait until after the warm-up! :) Running is still going really good. Saturday I ran my PR 5K with John. I puked at the end. It was awesome. I have to shave 5 minutes of my time in the next 7 weeks.

Week 3 Summary:
Amazing results! I lost "offically" 6.5 pounds (8 pounds if you let me use my morning weight). And many many inches off my body. I don't just hate Insanity anymore. In fact it's not too shabby. I like it more now that my clothes fit better. Running is picking up in intensity, but I still really enjoy it! We are traveling this weekend so it should be interesting to get our work-outs in. I bet we can do it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment