Freak me out

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So....


So.... about me posting EVERYTHING I eat and the nutritional values.... Ummm... Well, maybe I shouldn't have said I would start that the week of Spring Break! I will post an entire post later with the details of our fabulous trip! Also, before I forget this Friday is girls night! It's at 6:30 at Haley's house! I am sending out an email with directions! Please being a snack and lots of laughter!

Anywho. This is what I made for dinner last night. Fusilli with creamed Leek and Spinach. And here's how you can make it too!

25 min | 5 min prep

SERVES 4



Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 10 minutes.




Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
Add a dash of Paprika.


A few twists of crushed black pepper.
Add a spoon full of fresh garlicAdd the spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Add the cooked fusilli to the skillet and toss over moderately low heat until coated with the leek sauce, about 1 minute.
Remove from the heat, add the chopped basil and toss. Season with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of Parmesan

Spoon the fusilli into bowls and serve.


Hope you love this as much as our family did! The calories are a little over 500 per serving (this makes 4) but it tastes way worse for you!


2 comments:

  1. 1. Ok, so that looks really tasty!
    2. I didn't know what a leek looked like, so i'm glad you included pics.
    3. I'm not sure if we have leeks here or not
    4. If i can find a leek, I will make my roommate make this with me!

    Love you and miss you! Tell me about the vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete